east bengal fc

KOLKATA: Third time lucky? East Bengal FC's long suffering fans would certainly be hoping so. The storied football club Tuesday completed the formalities of entering into a joint venture investment agreement with Kolkata-based multinational conglomerate Emami Group, forming a new company - Emami East Bengal FC Private Limited.  

In the newly formed entity, Emami Group holds a 77 per cent controlling share while East Bengal hold the remaining 23 per cent. 

The team would play as ‘East Bengal FC’, informed Emami Group director Aditya Agarwal.

Jun 09, 2021 09:06
KOCHI: Indian Super League franchise Kerala Blasters FC declared Tuesday that all "necessary actions have been taken to clear pending obligations" in the wake of receiving a letter from FIFA stating that the club has been banned from signing players in the upcoming transfer window.  The Yellow Army is set to sign Serbian Ivan Vukomanovic as head coach as they prepare for the new season.
May 26, 2021 19:05
KOLKATA: The heat that top officials from East Bengal have been receiving from all quarters for their intransigence (read hunger to retain the reins on power) looks to be finally paying dividends. Or maybe one should wait till said officials, among whom current executive committee official Debabrata Sarkar is "the face", sign on the dotted line.  
Oct 19, 2020 16:10
KOLKATA: Freshly minted Hero Indian Super league franchise East Bengal FC unveiled their new logo and name at the weekend. The storied club, in which Shree Cement are the now controlling stakeholders, has been rebranded as Sporting Club East Bengal (SC East Bengal). 
Oct 13, 2020 19:10
KOLKATA: Shree Cement East Bengal Foundation (SCEBF) have appointed Retired Colonel Shivaji Samaddar as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of East Bengal FC ahead of the upcoming Indian Super League (ISL) season. Col Samaddar is currently the CEO of Royal Calcutta Golf Club in Kolkata and will join the club from October 16.
Oct 10, 2020 17:10
KOLKATA: Freshly minted Hero Indian Super League franchise East Bengal FC have hit the ground running, announcing former England international and Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler as head coach on a two-year deal.
Sep 27, 2020 14:09
MUMBAI: Mrs Nita Ambani, founder & chairperson, Football Sports Development Limited (FSDL), Sunday announced the expansion of Hero Indian Super League by welcoming East Bengal FC into the seventh edition of India’s top-flight football league.
Sep 15, 2020 16:09
KOLKATA: Under the aegis of East Bengal Football Club Private Limited, Kolkata giants East Bengal FC on Tuesday submitted their bid document seeking entry into the Hero Indian Super League from the upcoming season. While the onine submission was made Monday, the physical copy is set to reach the ISL authorities by Tuesday.
Sep 04, 2020 20:09
MUMBAI: The prevalant talk that East Bengal, in the wake of getting on board a controlling investor in Shree Cement, would be joining the Hero Indian Super League from the upcoming season itself, can be taken as good as confirmed now. ISL organisers Football Sports Development Limited have invited bids from 'interested parties' to add a team in the upcoming ISL season. 
Sep 03, 2020 20:09
MUMBAI: East Bengal FC, one of the "Big 2" legacy clubs of Indian football, has FINALLY found an investor in Kolkata-based Shree Cement, which would be taking an 80% (or thereabouts) stake in the storied institution on its 100th anniversary.
Sep 02, 2020 20:09
KOLKATA: After months of (often wild) speculations, storied football club East Bengal FC confirmed on Wednesday that it has roped in a new investor in Kolkata-based Shree Cement. Shree Cement is owned by the Bangur Group, one of the renowned business groups in the city.