TORINO, Italy: The International Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC), in accordance with the Chinese Mountaineering Association and the Korean Alpine Federation, has postponed the two IFSC World Cup competitions scheduled for May in Wujiang, China and Seoul, South Korea to October.
Because of COVID-19 travel restrictions currently in place in both countries, the IFSC decided to move both competitions to the fall, while also rescheduling the IFSC World Cup in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The updated schedule of the three World Cup stages is as follows:
• IFSC Boulder and Speed World Cup in Seoul (KOR): 1 to 3 October
• IFSC Boulder and Sped World Cup in Wujiang (CHN): 22 to 24 October
• IFSC Speed World Cup in Jakarta (INA): 30 to 31 October
The IFSC Paraclimbing World Cup in the United States and the IFSC World Cup in Xiamen, China, will both be held as previously scheduled:
• IFSC Paraclimbing World Cup in the United States: 9 to 10 October
• IFSC World Cup in Xiamen, China: 15 to 17 October
“I would like to thank the National Federations of China, South Korea and Indonesia for being extremely collaborative and proactive all along the process,” said IFSC Event officer Alessandro Di Cato. “Their contribution has been crucial to find the best solution, both in terms of sport and logistics.”
- Log in to post comments